Saturday, November 15, 2008

What I will miss most

The people. The people, the people, the people. The people here are so good and so genuine. When you make a friend in India, you make a friend for life. They will go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable, happy, and safe. They will be your family. They will love you and guide you. Protect you and council you. They will heal your wounds and spoil you with good tea and good conversation. They will shower you with gifts. They will ask you to join them for five hour dinners and you will spend four of the five hours eating the delicious feast they have prepared. They will complement you and give you the truth. Even if I spent every minute of the rest of my life trying, I know I would NEVER be able to repay the kindness and goodness people have shared with me here. Indian people have given me a newfound appreciation for just being, enjoying, living, and loving. They have shared their piece of the world with me, and for that I am a better person. I will always remember, with gratitude, India. And it is because of you- you know who you are… thank you.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

OMG that is a beautiful picture and such beautiful words...India will never be the same without you!!

Miss Bailin said...

I love this picture. I am going to show it to my kiddies. I especially love your notes and little facts about India. Keep the coming. :)

Chris said...

Dear Bree~

What a lovely young woman you've become! You were "Special" long before now, but your wisdom and appreciation is beyond any words of praise I could say! I'm proud and honored to know You! The picture is AWESOME!
Love
Chris

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.